Base64 Decode is easy to use tool to decode base64 data to plain text. Copy, Paste and Decode.
What can you do with Base64 Decode?
- Base64 Decode is very unique tool to decode base64 data to plain text.
- This tool saves your time and helps to decode base64 data.
- This tool allows loading the Base64 data URL, which loads base64 encoded text and decodes to human readable text. Click on the URL button, Enter URL and Submit.
- Users can also convert base64 data File to Plain text by uploading the file.
- Base64 Decoder Online works well on Windows, MAC, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
What is Base64?
Base64 is numeral system of base-64 which uses 64 digit set and can be represented by 6 bits.
Base64 is a group of similar binary-to-text encoding schemes that represent binary data in an ASCII string format by translating it into a radix-64 representation.
Base64 is used to encode binary data in email messages and web pages, for example. It is also used to transmit binary files through channels that are not 8-bit clean, or without the need to worry about byte order issues.
In computer programming, Base64 is a group of binary-to-text encoding schemes that represent binary data (more specifically, a sequence of 8-bit bytes) in sequences of 24 bits that can be represented by four 6-bit Base64 digits.
Common to all binary-to-text encoding schemes, Base64 is designed to carry data stored in binary formats across channels that only reliably support text content. Base64 is particularly prevalent on the World Wide Web where one of its uses is the ability to embed image files or other binary assets inside textual assets such as HTML and CSS files.
Base64 is also widely used for sending e-mail attachments. This is required because SMTP – in its original form – was designed to transport 7-bit ASCII characters only. This encoding causes an overhead of 33–37% (33% by the encoding itself; up to 4% more by the inserted line breaks).
To learn more about Base64, please visit Base64 Wikipedia page.
Base64 Encoded Text Try it.
Output: Base64 Decoded text
For Advanced Users
Load External URL in Browser URL like this
Data as Parameter
Load Data in Browser URL input like this